What is compounding?
Prescription compounding is when a pharmacist, working closely with the patient and physician, prepares a “customized” medication. At Rock Valley compounding pharmacy, we prepare medicines in our state-of-the-art compounding laboratory, using the latest techniques and equipment. Our pharmacists are here to help solve problems and make sure you and your loved ones get the medicine you need.
Compounded medications help our patients receive the type of personalized care they deserve. By working closely with physicians and patients, compounding allows our patients to achieve maximum benefit from their medications.
Who benefits from compounding?
It may come as a surprise what compounded medications can do for your health:
- You are allergic to preservatives or dyes
- You need medication in a strength unavailable from traditional drug manufacturers
- You need help improving the flavor of your medicine
- You are interested in a medicine that isn’t available from a traditional drug manufacturer
- You would prefer to treat certain painful conditions with creams or gels, instead of pills
- You could benefit from an alternate method of taking your medicine, such as – topical transdermal creams and gels, sublingual tablets, or dissolving troches – flavored lollipops – medicated lip balms – customized capsules – suppositories – oral flavored suspensions and solutions – and much more
Can our compounding services benefit you?
Consider our expertise for..
- Customized Hormone Replacement
- Postpartum Needs
- Men’s Health
- Chronic Pain Management
- Exercise/Sports Medicine
- Hospice Needs
- Pets/Veterinary Medicine
- Oral Lesions
- Dental Needs
- Wound Therapy
- Wrinkles and Age Spots
Call RVCRX at 779-423-0542 for more information or to schedule a one on one appointment today.